Saturday, May 21, 2011

Benefits of PRIMER!!

My clients are always asking me if using foundation primer is really necessary.  My answer is always the same... YES YES YES! Here are some of the reasons why...

- A pea-sized amount of foundation primer over your moisturizer helps with skin texture issues and creates a smoother canvas to apply your makeup. Since the skin is smoother, makeup seems to glide on and blend more easily.

- Any makeup applied on top of the primer has a longer wear.  This means that you will have to reapply less often throughout the day, if at all.  I know that when I wear primer (which is every day that I wear makeup) I RARELY have to reapply no matter what time I put it on in the morning. Nothing not to love about that!

- Foundation primer acts as a barrier between your skin/skincare and your makeup.  This means that your makeup sits on top of your primer instead of sinking into your pores. This is also the reason why makeup stays on longer throughout the day.

There are tons of foundation primers on the market right now.  They are not "one size fits all" type products. Some might be better for your specific skin type than others. Here are a few of my favorites...





If you have oily skin, be sure to find a foundation primer that says "oil free" or "matifying." If your skin is on the dryer side, there are primers that are hydrating (Laura Mercier's Hydrating Foundation Primer). If enlarged pores is your main concern, try a primer with a mousse-like texture similar to Perfekt or Tarte's Clean Slate or Smashbox (one of the pump dispenser bottles).

I hope this helps!! Primer primer primer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment